- September 11, 2019
Roy is the CEO of Orbit Helicopters and North Shore Helicopter Training. Originally from England, he began flying as a private pilot in 2001 in NZ then gained his Canadian, USA, Australian and New Zealand commercial and Instructor licenses. After buying the business in 2004, he is still passionate about teaching our students who want to learn how to fly and our charter clients as our Operations Manager and Flight Examiner. Roy is kept busy outside of work with family, sports and an adventurous spirit.
– Airline Flight Examiner
– NZ B Cat Instructor, FAA CFI instructor,
– CPL’s – NZ, USA, Canadian and Australian
– 16 years experience in NZ, UK, Canada, Australia and USA
– Owns and operates Orbit Heliccopters / NSHT
– 4300 hrs – Helicopters
– 2900 hrs – Instruction
– Ratings: BK117, R22, R44, H269, B206, B206LR, AS350, AS355, B47, EC130, EC120, Mosquito, AW109
Explore more articles in this category
It has never been more affordable or realistic for you to become a professional helicopter pilot!
Fly in style from Auckland to Waiheke Island with a beautiful and scenic helicopter ride!
Sit back, relax & let us fly you to your destination in style.
Experience the adrenaline-pumping buzz in one of the country’s most picturesque settings with our team of experienced skydivers and helicopter pilots.